Monday, July 30, 2007

July

So, July will come to a close tomorrow. August. Amazing that 7 months have passed in this year and there are only 5 months remaining. What have you done this year? Are you on your way to meeting your goals? Did you stick to your New Year's resolutions?



School will start soon. I love the fall and the notion of school starting. It's been years since I started school in the fall but I love the memory. There's a line from "You've Got Mail" in which Tom Hanks talks about a "bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils". I love that line. I love the idea of new clothes, brand new notebooks to be filled with words of all kinds. Map pencils and rulers....am I showing my age too much? The notion that the days are becoming shorter - not noticeably yet, but on their way to shorter days and I love that. The whole notion of moving towards fall and winter excites me so much. The promise of that first cool spell. Ok, I am getting ahead of myself considering how very HOT and humid that it's been lately. Ok, so here are my thoughts for the day. Make it a fantastic ending to our 7th month! Take care.

No comments: