Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Success is the ONLY option!

I teach parenting classes and I love them. They are a great way for me to connect with good people who are trying to raise good children. Last night, one of the parents from my class called with a brief question related to parenting. We discussed her issue briefly and then she gave me a huge compliment - she said that I should be out there, on the internet, letting others know me. She complimented my style, saying that I had good energy and that I could engage people easily. I was so pleased to hear this. While I don't teach parenting for the kudos, I am like many people - I like to hear that I am being successful at what I'm attempting to do. And I do get energized talking with parents about raising their children. I want them to feel successful as much as I want them to raise successful children. I teach a lot from a book called "Transforming the Difficult Child: The Nurtured Heart Approach" by Howard Glasser and Jennifer Easley. When I went to Tucson years ago for the advanced training to become a Certified Trainer, our motto was, and remains, "Success is the only option!" - for everyone! Speaking of which, check out www.difficultchild.com for more information on The Nurtured Heart Approach. It works! And, it can work quickly! Anyway, I digress.....I love getting excited about my work. I love getting to sit with people and hear their stories, their trials and concerns and watch, help, support and encourage them toward the change that they seek. There is so much in my head that will eventually come out onto this blog, or show up in my webste (www.deleespace.com), so please, check back.

No comments: