Monday, August 20, 2007

A Busy Weekend

I spent a very busy weekend in preparation for the possibility of Hurricane Dean. Like many of you, I spent too many hours attempting to flee Hurricane Rita and I wanted to be more prepared. Silly me. If I wanted to be more prepared for a hurricane, why did I wait until the virtual last minute? Who knows. Perhaps I had been taking the Scarlett O'Hara approach - "I'll think about that tomorrow" sort of thoughts. So, I'm now "better" prepared and also breathing a sigh of relief - although, hopefully not a premature one.

I spent Friday running like a fiend. I had rented a storage facility to house all of the "stuff" which has accumulated and began to move some of those things over - primarily the tons of Christmas decorations which I've accumulated over these many years. Other things will also move over and it will be determined exactly what is necessary and what is not. I also spent a lot of time speaking with Katie and Mary, dear women who work for my insurance agent, Linda Tuck. Not only was it for me but also for my grandmother and her belongings! I then went to Nana's house and photographed everything that I could think of. I'm going to put all of these photos onto discs and place them in very safe places - just in case. "Just in Case" - isn't that the place where things begin to accumulate? Hmmm. So, anyway, I spent the better part of Saturday and Sunday moving more stuff, with Brian's help, and then organizing and photographing it all. I can truly say that I am beat today, even as it all begins again. So, what have you put off? What do you not like to deal with but find yourself forced to do at the "last minute"? I'm focused on learning a valuable lesson from this experience. Join me?

No comments: