Saturday, February 18, 2012

I'm doing this for me.....

Here on the Texas Gulf Coast we're getting some much needed reprieve from our drought.  Haven't heard any details, but I'm sure that we're still in need of some consistent, well-dispersed, soft rain in order to get us back to where we need to be. Here's hoping that this year fares better, weather-wise!

So, today I'm doing two new things for me.  

I often talk to my clients about doing things for themselves.  Seems that many see this as very selfish behavior - to put themselves first.  I tend to see it very differently. I think we should put ourselves first.  And again, it all comes down to balance.

If I'm "ALWAYS" first, then things are a bit out of balance.  And if I "NEVER" put me first, choosing instead to put others  first, then things are a bit out of balance.  (A bit?  How 'bout a LOT out of balance?)

I've been out of balance for a good while. I think I've been kidding myself that I'm taking care of me, but in actuality - not really.  I'd come home and sit on the couch 'for me'.  I'd treat myself to something 'yummy' (aka 'comfort food') 'for me'.  You might recognize the pattern in yourself or in someone you love and care for.  

So, today, I'm taking better care of me to take better care of my family, my friends and my clients.  I'm going to do something physical and something non-physical which will both bring a level of relaxation.  I'll talk more about them, but for now, just wanted to put it out there that today marks a new day.  

What will you choose to do today for YOU?  Can you choose to be a teeny-tiny bit selfish if it means that you are a better your for yours?  Consider it, won't you?

1 comment:

Rodney Williams said...

Spot on my friend. People tend to forget when they are out of balance, that is exactly what they project to others. :)