Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sloowwwww doooowwwwnnnnn......

Happy Wednesday to you.  I am writing this to do just that......slow down.  

I've been super busy:  up since 6, away at 7:30 to grab the grandma for a routine Dr. appointment and then to work. The "routine" of the Dr. appointment takes about 3 hours all in all - with about 20 of that actually seeing the doctor.  And, he's really good about seeing us quickly.    

So, the rest of that time goes to driving, encouraging her to do the things that she needs to do to go out, slowly moving out to the car (slower in the cold!), getting her cart into the car, driving to the Dr. and doing most of the above in reverse. See the Doctor, rinse and repeat.  

It's not her fault....it's just what is.  And I can appreciate - NOW - that all of this slows me down as well.

For a bit.

Then I get back into 'gotta-get-to-the-office-and-ready-for-my-day' mode.  

Yikes!

So, on my way to grab my lunch before my first client and in the midst of phone calls in and out, I literally slowed myself down.  Made myself be more aware of slower footsteps to my lunch and back to my office.

Here's what's guaranteed - the time will pass whether we hurry or not.  My choice.  Today, I'm choosing to slow it down a bit.  It'll all be here to be done.  

Take care of you today and slooooowwwww it dooooowwwnnnnn, please.






No comments: