Thursday, November 6, 2008

Laughter IS the best medicine

Think about laughing.

It's really infectious, isn't it?

When is the last time you laughed out loud - not simply LOL, but really LAUGHING OUT LOUD, tears-rolling-down-your-face-hard-to-catch-your-breath-because-you-are-laughing-so-hard?

I love to laugh out loud at a book. As I write this I am reminded of the books that made me laugh out loud, regardless of who was around and might hear me! Regardless of what they might think of me! I want to share these books with you because they are delightful - each in their own way and add joy to my life. Enjoy!

Jen Lancaster
Bitter is the New Black:
Confessions of a condescending, egomaniacal,
self-centered smart-ass, or
why you should never carry a Prada Bag to the unemployment office.
Bright Lights, Big Ass:
A Self-Indulgent, Surly Ex-Sorority Girl's Guide to
Why It Often Sucks in the City, or Who Are These Idiots and
Why Do They All Live Next Door to Me?
Such a Pretty Fat:
Or, Why Pie is Not the Answer

Funny!

Karen Rauch Carter
Move Your Stuff, Change Your Life:
How to Use Feng Shui to Get Love, Money, Respect, and Happiness

Bill Bryson
In a Sunburned Country
I love all of his books but when you combine funny with Australia - well, it's just the best!

Jill Connor Browne
The Sweet Potato Queens' Book of Love
all I can say is "Be p'ticlar"
(ok, I may have misspelled it, but basically - be particular - in EVERYTHING, be particular. If you aren't, who will be?

No comments: